Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gearvenders
Thread: Gearvenders
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by vht View Post
My wife drives it, so no standard shift, the 700's are crap, gear ratios, won't take any serious hp. I know what a 4L80 is, heavy, floor clearence problems etc. Don't want electroniocs so I'd have to go with a manual VB. The PG has got a lot of good stuff, everytime it was apart I tried to improve on strengh. Never could afford the aftermarket case. So I might get $1000 to $1200 out of the glide, big loss. The GV would be a good choice but expensive, I have other things to do to the car and I'm not made of money, that's why doing it once would be good. I've drag raced for 30 yrs so a 200r4 and a GV is something I know nothing about, never had either in my dragster, so thats the reason for advice. The 200r4 would be the easiest but when you have a big trans company tell you they won't hold up makes me worry. However I found Extreme transmissions in Cinn OH close to me and he said he can build 1 to hold. I was hoping to find someone on here running 1 that had 6 or 700 hp to see how's their's held up and if there was anything extra I should do to help it live. What racing stuff I got I spent a long time aquiring, and now with the economy I'm selling for a 1/4 of what I gave, so I like to do a little research before I spend my money.
got to the turbo buick board, is 9's and 8's in a car thats basicly the same as yours but a turbo v6 good enough..
but yet that big trans co. will sell ya a 7004r right...