Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - General Lee Paint job for 100 dollar 83 Subaru I bought
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck Chorris View Post
I have access to a paint booth.
My plan in general is to :
Pressure wash
Mask
Tack
Spray
Buff with compound
Done
What I am unsure about is two things. In what order, and how should I mask off for the flag, General Lee, and 01? The second thing is what kind of paint should I use?
Being that it is a 100 dollar car, the worst car I've ever owned or ridden in, I wanted to spend about a hundred bucks on painting it. However it seems that oil based enamel (rustoleum), while meeting the cheap requirement does not dry in a day. The DuPont polyurethane with accelerator and hardener we use at my work for repainting semi trucks and trailers drys to the touch in about an hour. However, I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks on painting a car that not only do I want to jump to death next year is also rusted through in several areas. So what should I paint my 83 Subaru with?
You want to 1500 the car and buff????and "want to jump to death next year is also rusted through in several areas"????Why bother, your going to spend almost as much on 1500 paper and compound as you are on paint????I don't get the logic!