Hot Rod Forum banner

Generic Transmission identification

794 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  toymobile 
#1 · (Edited)
I have looked through this thread for a site that list several different id numbers to identify year and or model of transmissions. No luck.. Is there a site similar to the engine id number sites.

My old car has a plethora of parts. I was told it had a 350 engine...it is a 400. I was told it had a Ford rearend..it is a Chrysler....Trany is a 350....maybe..I'm not sure. Engine is rebuilt, rear end is rebuilt. Now I'm working on the trany. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Pc

A quick search on AltaVista came up with a lot of options buit attached is a good one for the next dude. Auto's and Manuals.

http://www.nastyz28.com/transid.html

Grins
pc

#2 ·
chevy only used 4 trans in older cars, easy to ID, most common is the 350 which has a vac. modulator on the right rear of the case, 400 which has a vac modulator on the right front, 200 which has no mobulator, power gliud which is a two speed , that covers up to 1982. Hope that helps. Good Luck. JF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.