Hot Rod Forum banner

George Ray's Dragstrip

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  doctor al 
#1 ·
Just saw Horsepower TV when they featured a weekend at George Rays Dragstrip. WOW!!! I would LOVE to race on that strip. It's out in the country and very homemade and just looks like sooooooo much fun.
The website is www.georgerays.com

Has anyone on this board ever been there or raced their car there?

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
never been there, but the track that was built at rusk, tx. this spring, is owned by a family long into drags, in fact, it (to my knowledge) is the second track they've run. well, their house is just after the finish line. what a view.:thumbup: :cool:

that looks like my kind of place. thanks for sharing!!!

#5 ·
I think that strip is great!

If I ever get my hands on a big wad of cash I would love to build a dragstrip out here. I know exactly where I would put it. Nothing fancy but somewhere that people could legally come and run their cars. Maybe keep a few kids from getting killed or in trouble racing in the streets. I think we need more of that kind of stuff around here.

#6 ·
Love the guard rail................................ask Dickie Harrell if he would like to race there with those trees so close to the track?

Oh yeah, that's what killed him...............................

#11 ·
I spent alot of time at George Ray's. cheap way to spend a sunday. cost $5. a head. pretty laid back. you can still go down the strip with 2 of you in the car, but not during eleminations anymore.lol. Also, you could stand at the start right behind a car and shoot pictures (if you don't mind being pelted with rubber). I don't know any other strip that will let you do that. I didn't see the tv show, but did they show the orange 55 go down the strip. real old time. small block tunnel ram chevy, take her to 8000 rpm, and dump the clutch. front wheels in the air thru 3 gears.
Love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.