Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Get Ready to Topcoat or Seal first
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dr.Strangelove's Running Nightmare - Body Lines and Wheel Arches

Happy Friday Ladies and Gents,

With the impending clear skies this weekend, I INTEND to paint my car.

I must be doing something wrong, because I am constantly sanding through my primer and find myself repeating this process to the detrement of my bank account. As such, I'm going to put in another 10 hours of sanding to leave the car in 220 scratches, before spraying a couple of coats of epoxy on everything and topcoating.

There have been a number of factors that have contributed to the delays over the course of this project, but the one I am facing now is dull body lines, especially those that appear around the fender arches.

Does anyone have any advice for a poor SOB who wants to give one last shot at cutting some nice lines into this car before I completely botch it?

I've attached two photos, one of a car with proper lines (notice the definition between the fender/quarter panel flat and wheel arch (you know those warning/waxing moon crescent shapes), and the second two of my car with its rough, poorly defined, body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0408_07z+1990_audi_coupe_quattro_rs2+rear_side_view.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	67179   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0699.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	966.1 KB
ID:	67180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0693.jpg
Views:	130