Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Get Ready to Topcoat or Seal first
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks again for your help. i made some good progress on the blocking front yesterday. i had some cracks around the front fenders to sand out and some other imperfections to fix. the plan now is to nail the body work before applying more primer. the high-build filled, but i had to sand most of it off because there were a lot of pin holes to sand out. to mitigate these small holes in the future, i've picked up some flow through fittings. hopefully the gun won't clog up as much, but i'm still contemplating using putty and going straight to epoxy. i know the epoxy is harder to sand (at least the proform that i'm using), but my experience with the high build has been really bad. I'm going to check with the auto supply store tomorrow and see about picking up some featherfill, as suggested. My roof, hood and hatch look good. the side panels, however, I cannot tell, because there are so many different shades and colours that are distracting to the eye. When i go over the panels with the block they seem pretty straight though. i'll try to get some pics out in the sun--will touch back with you after i get some more work done.

what shape blocks do you recommend for the wheel arches?