Hot Rod Forum banner

Get your car sponsored?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rickracer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone heard of car sponsorship? I was reading **** and was wondering if anyone's ever done it.

#2 ·
hard to do

Years ago I worked at Ford with the late Joe Davis of the Davis -Ingram racing team. They won a lot of races, mostly around their home base in Calif. They ran a fiat altered, one of the first"funny Car" Mustangs , Colt 45, then the Jewel T. There is a lot of info on the HAMB about them. Ford racing people would not talk to him, The Chevy dealership picked up the sponsorship as long as the Mustang was lettered with one foot high "Powered by 327 Chevy". At one time they held 4 national records at the same time with the jewel T.

#3 ·
car sponsorship is a big thing around me, it's 'show sponsorship', but it's kids looking for free stuff. 95% of it is crap. nothing is free.. a kid I knew got his Jetta sponsored. ended up with 12 gallons of antifreeze. when he wrecked the car, he had to pay it all back because the sponsor was contracted..

most of it, you foot the bill for whatever it is you could get, than IF you win a show, then they willl pay for it, otherwise, if your expecting freebies for putting a sticker on your car, then you will get crap, like antifreeze

#4 ·
Full-boat sponsorships are tough to come by.

If you're building a car and have a plan, drawings, maybe even a website detailing the process/progress you can easily get 15-25% off on manufacturers parts by entering into an agreement to advertise - ie. sticker your car.

Some agreements are only for 1 year, some are longer.

All they can say is no. Give it a shot.

#7 ·
I've gotten lots of small sponsorships over the years, nothing major, but, for instance, Royal Battery sponsored me for a couple years, gave me two batteries, cables, starter, alternator, and pretty much anything wiring related I needed. I had one of their 2" high stickers on each side of my car at the bottom of the 1/4 window. They even called me every couple of months, for a while, to see if I needed anything else. I don't know why, I did business with them a few times a week, but I think it was a different department that the sponsor calling. :cool:
I have a jetski repair shop waiting to sponsor my newest car when it's done, it will consist of entry fees and fuel for the races. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.