Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - getting real paint on my camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Taking it to a body shop for polishing is fine...but...to color sand and buff an entire average car is between 40 and 60 hours ... X ... what ever the shop charges per hour...plus polishing materials etc. You could be looking at a $3,000.00 very quickly. Now, I understand that maybe you weren't looking at cutting and buffing an entire car. The $3,000.00 example will give you an idea of how fast the cost of this type of work adds up and the cost of a polisher in the scheme of things is not that much and will pay for itself on the first job.

Maybe wait another 2 or 4 weeks until the cash is saved for that polisher too.

Ray
well now that u put that cost into perspective for me , i think saving up for my own buffer/polisher is a great idea lmao

the shop in town quoted me 6,500 for a paint job on this car , and that was with me bringing them the car with the body work done and ready for primer/paint
so nwo that u posted that im sure just the polish job would be alot of money by itself