Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - getting real paint on my camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

my buddy may actually have one of those pin spot welders, if not my uncle showed me a trick with a tig welder and special rod i can use in a pinch

the rear quarter is easy accessible with a hammer and dolly and im confident i can get that straight enough ill need minimal filler

the door is a lil rough the crease is deeper then what shows up in the picture , im sort of afriad that the metal is to streched that even pulling it its still going to need a bunch of filler . but pulling it as much as possible then using less body filler seems like a good much better idea

on a crease that long would u apply body filler as is or would u put a few small holes in the crease for the filler to grab into?

i have to try to save that door like i said earlier the doors on this car do not sag one bit any used door i get is going to have hinge pins that are worn the hell out and i dont want to deal with that

yeah dont mind the mismatched rims i needed rear tires to pass inspection and i didnt have acess to my friends tire machine to put the tires on the centerline rims at the time , im going to keep those 80's centerlines on the car , they look really good when cleaned up and polished