Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - getting real paint on my camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Any time you can move the metal back to or close to what it originally was...never put holes in a panel for filler to "grab onto". Filler grabs quite nicely without holes and without holes, any moisture around the repair area will not become a concern down the road. Filler is a sponge and will hold moisture long enough to cause corrosion, so if you have holes, weld them up.

Good luck Bud...please keep us informed...I love to see hard diligent work get rewarded and I'm confident you can make this Camaro stand out.

Ray
thanks didnt knwo that about body filler , have just heard of ppl using wire screen or holes to make it stay on better, im assuming ppl who do this are the ones slapping it on 1/2 inch thick to hide big dents

im excited to get this done i think the black cherry will make the car stand out when ppl pay attention to it , but to the average person taking a glance at the car wont really notice it.ive even though about putting a flat rs hood on the car if i cant fix the z-28/iroc hood thats on it now

and thats exactly what im after with this car, the car sounds stock looks pretty stock , but is far far from it in the hp dept , the only giveaway i really want is when i bolt the parachute on the back for the dragstrip.all the badging and emblems are comming off the car as well

i am almost done fabricating the chute mount its hidden under the rear bumper using a trailer hitch i slide in the mount/stand and bolt it tn place to mount the chute