Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - getting real paint on my camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Hold on now ,first things first.....
the first thing I noticed is its white then what looks like big spots where the paint is coming off...Gm had a problem with white not sticking well so before you get started get a razor scraper and try scraping the paint off if it comes right off you may have to strip it before doing anything...
Those doors are plentiful at the Upic it yards and for about 50.00 and a bit of luck you can get one thats nearly perfect (I just bought one for my Iroc) You'll want to replace the pins and bushings in the hinges before you get going with bodywork and while the doors are off you might as well paint the door jambs and back side of the door the color your painting the car.Color change can be a PITA and a lotta work ....Then you'll want to remove and paint the backside of the hood and deck plus the jambs ...Personally I think white looks great on these cars with the semi black trimming,so think hard on it before changing the color not to mention the darker the color the more it'll show any imperfections white always hides imperfections on the other hand these cars have pretty terrible gaps which a darker color will hide and white will make them show more so theres plenty to think about. luckily for you theres plenty of thngs to do before you buy paint one more advantage to white is the cost, solid colors can be a few hundred dollars cheaper if you use a single stage paint which is also much easier to easier to paint ...