Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - getting real paint on my camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 01:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

those spots u see are were the po had sanded and sprayed white spray paint on the car , i know the problem u are talking about though, my silverado in the picture next the camaro has the white peeling off , it comes off so easy i could use a razor blade to strip the whole damn truck , took me all of 5 mins to strip a portion of the hood on that thing

my friend doesnt hve experience painting a whole car but i have seen some of the collision work he has done , most notably an olds alero that he picked up and fixed, car needed a front fender/hood/front bumper and lights. the car was a gold metalic color, i think they call it champagne metalic .

he painted the new hood/fender/bumper and they look great i cant even tell that the parts have new paint on them compared to the rest of the car, it matches dam well. so im confident he can spary the car for me

the plan is to remove the rear hatch/decklid and also the door panels/seals trim etc so when the car is painted it will look like it came that color

under the hood is going to get done with a half gallon of gm chassi restoration paint that i have laying around its liek a semi gloss black while it wont match it will be much better then whats there/not painting it at all . and when i put the sb427 in the car at that point maybe ill spray the engine bay the same color as the rest of the car

my gf wants me to do a blue pearl in the black instead of a red , im kinda stuck on the black cherry though , but if it comes down to keeping her happy so i dont hear about how much im spending on the car blue pearl it will be

btw i hate white on these cars , or any single color for that matter, i thnk they look so much better with a metalic type finish

edit i agree on the doors being plentiful back home in the junkyards , but out here in utah there arent many 3rdgen camaros to begin with , used parts are not easy to come by , and if it came down to changing the door id rather get a set of fiberglass street doors , which is nothing more then a race door with a steel support/crash bar in it