Hot Rod Forum banner

Getting rusty with ignition

643 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scapegoat 
#1 ·
I like to think of myself as a pretty well rounded motorhead. I am pretty good at most things automotive related. But could somebody tell me where the white wire goes on the HEI distributor? Here are some photos.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Tell ya what, instead of fooling with it set up like that, why not find another HEI and get the correct wiring harness? as you won`t be a happy man when one of those wires fall out and make contact with a ground and cook the module or coil. The factory harness can only go one way so it eliminates guess work, it also has locks on it and the wires are covered by the lock shell so they can`t ground out even if it were to fall out. The factory harness also has a boot on it that fits on the groove of the HEI, keeping out moisture. Depending on how long your HEI has been set up like that, I would check the mechanical advance and make sure it`s not stuck due to trash and rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.