Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4speed View Post
I will add a little info here as well about the SPI epoxy. This is a real nice epoxy primer that is sandable, and is all I use now. I have just started using it as a finish blocking primer after the spray poly is done instead of the 2K urethane primers. The other thing I have noticed about it is this stuff goes a real long way . I use quite a bit of it and have not had any type of problems with it at all. Trust me you will love it. Have always used the high end PPG DPLF epoxys and wont use it any more.............................................. as a side note to USMC not real sure what you mean by never sand in an x pattern when blocking, that is the ONLY way you should be blocking in.
Just read the last few posts...I agree with Mr.4speed...always sand in an X pattern, it's the proper way to level a high or low spot. Not only will you get rid of the spot, it will sand faster when you keep sanding against the grain. I usely sand in one direction for about 8 to 10 strokes and then reverse my pattern in an X pattern right across the entire panel to make sure the panel stays and or gets straight removing all highs and lows.