Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tonight I got the GFX off the driver side and the door handle and lock cylinder out, also mirror off. Got the window sweep off the driver door, which is a little tedious on these things, only b/c i needed a 7mm box end wrench and dont have one. I managed ok with a socket in a small vise grip...tight squeeze.

BIG box came from Summit today!! Two new dura blocks (11", 4"), rolls of 180 and 320 sticky back paper , scuff pads red and grey, green 3m tape, a Gal. 1:1 epoxy primer and catalyst and a Gal. High Solids clear/activator/reducer, quart of lightweight filler. Still need the base coat which will probably be Chroma Base. Other than some 500 paper and maybe some more paper for colorsanding...I should have everything covered material wise.

Couldnt resist doing some blocking with the 180 and my new blocks on a couple sections...WOW. Well worth it and I wished I had used the sticky stuff on my Nova! MUCH EASIER! I might add that the $17 a roll paper from Summit is GREAT! Made in germany stamped on the back of it too.

Also did some more paint stripping with 80 on my DA in "GRINDER MODE" and then while my comp was pumping up I would hit the same area with 80 on my dewalt orbital sander, worked good because I was always busy...not waiting, and gave my comp a break. I have a 60 gallon 220v plus a 20 gal. auxilary tank btw.

Won't be long now till I'm spraying Epoxy on this thing...hoping for a few warm days coming soon.

Drove the Nova to work today...

Last edited by novafreek6872; 11-14-2012 at 08:07 PM.