Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Your showing me up man...I havent even put my tune up parts in yet.
but today I'll start cutting and buffing the big Duramax truck in the shop then I'll have a free bay again...I got the black base and SPI clear and epoxy and bondo just need a little time.
What kind of shape are those sweeps in ?I'll have to replace mine on both cars...any idea where you'll be getting the Iroc decals and other parts ? Finding the bumper covers is going to be quite a bit harder than I thought.

Hi dead, good to hear from you on this again. My sweeps are toast, but I read that new ones are avail for about $25 each. I'm pretty sure someone had the IROC decals and the black and silver stripes in a package deal for $120. Ebay has some cheap IROC decals, but I don't think they have the correct look.

I'm glad my covers are in good shape!!

LOVE my new durablocks... gonna make sanding this thing a breeze when I get the epoxy on. I did notice my 11" block has a very slight curve... is this going to be an issue? I have a joiner for woodworking and was contemplating running the block thru a couple time to get it perfectly flat. Bad idea?

The two blocks I got are the top two in the pic.