Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Damn, Its all painted already ...Thats (dead) ication and here I thought I'd get mine going so you'd have to keep up and get yours done...I'm hoping to get mine finished by the end of the week but I also have a big 4 dr truck and another job to do also ...I still have a chance to at least tie ya at the finish line....Then its onto the black Iroc ...That I havent even got the tune up parts in yet...
I figured since I've already done the tune up on the Z and the bumpers are in great shape (minus all that thick paint) that this one would be faster and easier..I did like the SEM bumper stripper but ran out half way,it'll take two cans to strip the front and one for the back bumper.
I suspect some collision damage on the rt fender and door but the frame work was done real nice so I at the most I'll have to replace the door,I suspect its loaded with bondo.but theres 4 doors at the U-pull-it for 50.00 ea that look nice so not a big deal....
You find all the rubber seals yet ? I couldnt believe how cheap the Iroc door decals were, thanks for heading me in the right direction,I might even get some for the Z along with an Iroc emblem for the dash.....we'll see....Now ,I'm going to need a dash pad ,mine has a couple cracks ...