Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I like the Iroc decals on the doors so the black one will deffinetly them put back on....but ,No stripes for me I never liked them ,I'm talking about the two above the ground effects ...I was debating on some white or mabee black stripes on the hood though but I dont think so, I want it nice but not too fancy , something everyone would like ,so it'll sell fast...I should get a bunch of pics so when someone wants it they can see it was done right and it'll last 10 yrs or more...I was thinking of a SS solid red but I might just sand it with 600 and put a couple coats of clear on it too,we'll see how nice it looks with just the SS first ...
Man I drove this thing around a little today before I put it in the shop and holly crap this thing'll go side ways real ez and spin the tires all the way through the beginning of third gear...Had a blast doing doughnuts in the parking lot but I can see myself getting a few tickets if I drive it much....
I'm probably the oldest teenager you'll ever meet..
I'm thinking about some kind of dropped spindles and a set of 17-18" wheels with a low profile tire (not the rubber band tires) to give it that look....
cool cars, I think their time is coming as the next restoration projects since the 1st gens are getting outragous....2,000.00 for a 68 plain jane camaro ,rotted out shell with no doors,front end sheetmetal or rear end,THATS crazy and the guy came all the way from Va to get it....
If all goes as planned I found a 65 Impala vert in fairly decent shape (to restore) for 3,000.00 Not the orig motor and tranny but it has a 283 and a power glide with power pac heads and 40,000 orig miles on them ...The exhaust manifolds look like brand new I never saw any so nice .....

Last edited by deadbodyman; 12-09-2012 at 07:17 PM.