Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks,

Yea, I didnt bother cut n buff on the door handle recess... or some other nitpicky areas where I am liable to burn through trying to get everything perfect...as they say I just "hit the high spots" and the big panels... Like I said the peel was pretty bad, I had to knock it down with 1000 b/c 1500 and 2000 was a complete waste of time, after I knocked it down I went back with the 1500 and 2000 to save on buffing time.

I think Ive got this gun figured out now and next time will be alot better. I have roughly 8 hours in the cut n buff so far. Ive been using 2 products I had on hand, Megs Ultimate compound and System One from years ago, both are not super aggressive and work well on a 2000 scratch. I need to do the roof strip and the decklid as well as go over a few areas otherwise. And then Im sure once I get it out in the sunlight, I'll be going over it again on swirl removal detail...hard to see that kind of thing under shop lights.

Then I have to paint the front spoiler, the flat black items, and put it all back together...finally clean up... still have a ways to go.