Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

And then theresMy son...At 16he could tell you about what option came with almost any carand tell you all about ithe was really into cars which isnt a bad thing but I never wanted him in this businessbut he absolutely no intrests in anything else so ,knowing he had to do something I to develop that into something he could use in life as incomeand brought him to the shop and realized within a week he wasnt into the working part at all ,he lasted about 6 monthsI had to accept that this wasnt for him so when the time came for him to leave I wasnt surprised at all.I always worried tha he would find his *thing*but had to let him go his own way as I had donefortunately for me I knew what I wanted to do at 14...Well as it turns out I was right to let him go his own way hes one hell of a chef and can wash anything off his hands at work in a couple seconds...
I had the benifit of having the same thing happen to me with my own father,grooming me for a career in electronics.I really thought that was what I was going to do for a living even built a 100 stereo amplifier at 14 out of old TV parts from junk piles,that is, until I bought a 55 chevy at 15 and it was all over, I knew I found my click...Man, was my Dad pissed,he tried everything to get me back on his track and his planfor me but I never caved and stuck with it..It kinda ruined my relationship with my Dad and theres no way I would do this with my own son. Now days he loves doing bodywrk ,as a hobbie and I still love doing my electronic work as a hobbie....Its kinda funny how things have a way of coming around on you...