Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Give me some ideas on prepping this thing
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Your right Mike, my son loves cars, no doubt, he's a great enthusiest...but didn't have the patience required to learn the little things, he, as a lot of people, wanted things to happen right away. He went into engineering...(I know, talk about little details and things) and is doing quit well. When he graduated he came up to me with his diploma and said, "look Dad, I'm an engineer". I was very proud of the kid but, took him aside and told him that that diploma meant that he had met the minimum requirements to be an engineer and he would learn a lot more working in the field than he ever learned in University. He looked at me kinda like...but...Dad...look what I did...I congratulated him and told him I was proud of him. It took a few years but I finally got a phone call and he told me that what I told him about meeting the minimum requirements had always P.O.ed him and stayed in the back of his mind until he realized that I was right. He thanked me for telling him that and now understood that it wasn't a put down, it was more of a heads up.

He recently bought a 70 Challenger and is in the process of restoring it. He asked if he could lean on me for help and I jumped at the chance. I haven't seen the car yet (he lives across the country from me) but I'm taking a tour this Summer and will spend a week in Alberta with him and his Challenger.