Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Glass experts
Thread: Glass experts
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 turbo View Post
ive done a bit of glass work, that pull knife will have you mad in minute. either use a wire to cut it out , or get an astro air powered knife. they work well for the money. you also should use a glass primer around the edge.
Thats a great tool (I have one with a few different blades) ands its 10 times faster than the pull knife but it also has its limitations ,compared to the electric sawzall cutting tool is like comparing the astro to the pull knife, Its amazing seeing it in action for the first time. Unfortunatly the sawzall looking tool costs about 300+ and the stainless putty knife looking blade is around 100.+,so its only affordable to the pros that do glass work all day...

Anybody got any tricks to make the job easier???? (besides calling the glass guy) I have a couple I'll share..
If your using the piano wire ,getting it through the glue can be a challenge so what I do is heat up some tie wire cherry red and melt a hole through the glue for the wire, piecea cake....If you have the good pull knife you can also heat the blade up to make it cut faster.