Hot Rod Forum banner

glass scratchs

983 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
on my rear and passenger windows i got accidental DA sander scratchs is there any way of restoring the glass or do i need to replace it now? :embarrass

#2 ·
montea said:
on my rear and passenger windows i got accidental DA sander scratchs is there any way of restoring the glass or do i need to replace it now? :embarrass
Replacing it is best. Scratching deep enough to catch you finger can't be polished out without distorting the glass.

However, I did run across this company that specializes in glass polishing:
http://www.gtglass.com/scratchremoval.htm

I would imagine that it is expensive and only worthwhile if your glass was irreplaceable.

If you check this company out and find out any info. I would be interested in you following up here in this thread.

Roger

Roger

#3 ·
re: glass scratches

Hey Montea ,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news ,but unless your car is an OLD car , any glass other than the windshield is tempered glass & isn't repairable . There are some possible exceptions such as some privacy glasses in vans & SUV's , but if the glass is scratched to the point that you can feel it , it's history . Start looking for replacements . :pain: Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.