Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Glock .45 opinions?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I carry a glock 19 on daily basis. I'm not saying that itis my favorite gun but the accessories and holsters selections make it my preference. My favorite thing about the glocks though is that the are no safeties that have to be flipped on and off. This defers some people from purchasing glocks. But if your carrying a pistol for self defense and it's time for the gun to get loud there's a pretty good chance your gonna forget about that safety. Same thing with backstraps and thumb/finger breaks on holsters. Now with this urban myth of stopping power, a 9mm, .40, .45, etc. All are pretty close for penetration according to ballistics. You get into the whole weight to power calculations. A heavier load requires more powder to go roughly the same distance and penetrate as deep as the smaller loads. With the smaller caliber gun and same length grip you carry that many more round. Also if you carry daily spend some money on a quality holster and throw uncle mikes and the serpa holsters in the garbage. Five basic rules of a holster.......made to fit the gun, retention is done ofoff the gun (no snap straps or thumb/finger breaks), stays open after the gun is drawn, covers the trigger, and allows a full firing grip on the gun.