Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gloss flames on suede car
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Farfegnugen

Last journal entry: logo fun!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gloss flames on suede car

Well I have been searching through the JDBB and flames threads trying to find an answer to my question, but have not been able to find much for specifics...

I would like to paint my car using a suede black paint. I have read a lot about the John Deere Blitz Black and I don't think I want to use that particular paint, but I really like the color and amount of gloss (or lack of) that it has. I have also heard that it does not like to be topcoated with anything but JD paint, thus creating my next dilema. I want to put some flames on the car, but I want these to be high gloss. I don't want a noticeable "edge" between the flames and the suede black either, so is single stage out of the question?

I have heard fo using a flattening agent in the clear. If I did this and then only cut and buffed the flames could I get what I am looking for? Buffing only the flames may be very tough to do though...

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? I would prefer to use PPG as I have a local supplier. I also prefer to stay with acrylic enamel because I am most comfortable using it.

Any help is appreciated!!!