Glove Box lock - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 06:27 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Glove Box lock

Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 72 Chevelle. I ordered a new glove box door and I have to take the lock out of the old one to put in the new one. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the lock assembly off the old one.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2004, 05:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Grab a nail and pop your lock....

Open the door and pull the latch up into the closed position and then pull it even farther ( as far as it will go and then hold it in this position). Take a small nail or paper clip and insert it in the small slot ( located at about the 3 O' Clock Position ) in the back of the cylinder casing. There will be 3 or 4 spring loaded small metal keys (don't know the correct name for them) that you will need to depress one at a time while pulling on the outer chrome bezel. As you get by one another will catch and you will need to depress it to get by it. Remember, while doing this you must be holding (or wire it) the latching arm all the way up as far as it goes. As you get by the last key? the cylinder will pull all the way out. Then you can unscrew the threaded part that holds the casing to the door. The two parts unscrew and seperate from the door.

http://personal.riverusers.com/~mcphelps/glovebox.htm

Check out these pictures on how to remove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.