Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - glue/adhesive to use ..
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes View Post
You need the right glue for the right application. Most car interior applications need a bulk (in containers of a gallon or larger), spray grade (shot from a spray gun, not an aerosol), HHR (high heat resistant), top and trim contact adhesive like DAP or 3-M. There are very few aerosols that will handle high heat, and most glues won't work well gluing vinyl to wood. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but I would try to staple the vinyl to the wood before I'd try to glue it to the wood. Look at this Wiki article if you still decide to glue the vinyl on: http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ntact_adhesive

kso, you are wrong with most of what you posted. "uneven application" of the glue will not show through vinyl even if you apply it with a brush, and DAP and 3-M are the standards of the industry for interior work. "normal stores"? You don't find this contact adhesive in home improvement stores, you find it in places that cater to people who do upholstery work. Like this place: 1 Gal. DAP Weldwood HHR Contact Cement

thanks..