GM/Chevy Pickup power window switches - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Question GM/Chevy Pickup power window switches

I just picked up a set of power window switches from a local surplus store. Got 'em for $10 each.

I could just sit down with the trusty ohmmeter and figure out the wiring for them but I figured maybe someone could ID them so I could get a wiring diagram from the library.

They're the complete panels, driver's side has 2 window switches, power door lock switch and 2-way power mirror switch. Right side only has door lock and window. I assume they're truck, since there's only 2 windows switches (no back seat?) They're a GM part, PN 15069335 and 15069342 for the panels, the switch modules are TRW. By the looks of the date codes on the plastic panel, they were built March 4, 2002. There are 37 pins between all these switches and I wasn't fortunate enough to get the plug for them. Wiring won't be a problem once I figure out what wire does what.

Any hints on where to look? Or even better, does anyone recognize them?

Here's a pic of the tops:

Underside:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2003, 03:02 AM

Last photo:

Don't limit your thinking it's a truck switch. It could be 2 car. I know Oldsmobile has switch plates that look like those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:

Did the obvious this morning - took 'em to the dealership. They're from the new pickups. And apparently worth a LOT more than I paid for them. The plugs for them are worth even more than the replacement switches! Anyone have any ideas where i might find a wiring diagram for them?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:20 PM

Last photo:

Would love to help you with the wiring diagram, if you told us what they are out of.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:

xtreme, all the guy at the parts desk said was that it was from the new pickups. I didn't think to ask more, as I only wanted the connectors at the time. I guess the shock of $120 plastic connectors left me reeling..

I checked out the '03 Silverado interiors on the Chevy site and the switch panels look slightly different. Based on the date on the plastic housing, I would say '02 Silverado regular cab. P/N for the switches themselves are 15054161

I've got the driver's switches kindof figured out, I found -ve output for up and down passenger window and +ve output for up and down drivers window. With the right relay wiring, this should be all I need. I've still got 4 "mystery pins" and can't find any in/out for the door lock switch. Out of the 16 pins, 5 seem to be -ve input, 3 +ve input. This is a bit more complicated than I thought!

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Stinkin_V8 ]</p>
Old 02-28-2003, 03:32 AM

Last photo:

After checking your pictures out they look like there out of a 2002 chevy truck. You might check and see if a auto parts store has a Chiltons book on 2002 truck. Some Chilton books have wiring diagrams in them.
Your wiring color should be the same color code as 1995 and up. The only thing that will differ would be the design of the switch.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 PM

I am actually looking for that exact switch for my 2000 silverado. I busted it apart to replace the driver window switch and figured out it has a complete circuit board not just a switch so I am tempted to search the junk yard in search of another, unless you want to sell yours and start over with a different switch?

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.