Hot Rod Forum banner

GM color code

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  78 monte 
#1 ·
Does anyone know GMs color codes??Or know were there is a list online???I'm getting very sick of tracing wires under my dash and untaping harnesses cause I don't know whats what.

#3 ·
Its the harness in my 1958 Volvo.Thing is I'm not sure what its out of.I'm told an 80s chevy truck but it has glass fuses,so I'm thinkin its older.At the time I needed the hot for the wipers and heater but I found them.So far I've got most of it now,I've had the fuse block out twice and every harness in the dash untaped and I rebundled everything individual so I know whats what.
I've got one plug that I have no clue about thou.It was hangin under the dash when I bought the car so it obviously had an intended use.And also a problem with constant hot to my break lights.But first I've gotta try testing the switch thou.

Also any clue how to wire a third break light up??I've got one,it has a hot(red) and negative(black),then I've got the relay box thingy for it it has one yellow and two green wires.I'm guessing this box is what makes it seperate the signal lights from the break lights,right??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.