Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GM column ?
Thread: GM column ?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I got my tilt from a donor 1989.For awhile I had it in a 1985 which I never considered it wasn't wired for a carb version choke and it didn't have the relay for the delay in the 1985.In the 85 I got it to work on two speeds only.I did notice the wiper motors are different between non delay and delay motors.It was then I realized I lacked the relay in a 85 and put that off until I was going to really get into the 85 taking it apart.The 85 became too much of a rust repair and was replaced with the 1989 and I took the delay motor back out of it before scraping it.But now that you said the rest position on your isn't where it should be,I do remember it would from time to time do the same thing while it was in the 85.The next van it's going into will be the current project 1989.This 1989 doesn't have cruise or delay wipers either.So I have the factory electrical wiring manual to adapt it to work as it should.The Astro's do not have a hide wiper cowling.The wipers rest just above that and can be adjusted with the spines on the wiper arms.I'm thinking it is the relay and the delay motor combined that determines the rest position and overall control.