Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GM courtesy lights
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 05:21 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

GM courtesy lights

.There is one courtesy light under the dash which would periodically turn on.Well I traced the problem back to a set of lights that are in the rear panels on the sides of the rear seat.Any way there was a switch for each rear light which were wired to ground out the indevidual lights.
Anyay I took out the switches and plan on just wiring them side lights off the courtesy and doorjams.
Anyway there is no doorjam switches yet just a couple of orange wires and a white under the dash.
Now I don't know how the door switches work(groundout,complete loop to ground,supply power through switched leg etc...)nor do I know how the dash switch bypasses the doorjams.Nor do I feel like taking the dash apart for a third time LOL
Can someone tell me were to find online a schematic for courtesy lights GM wireing??

I wasn't planing on courtesy lights wile I was pissed and just trying for brake lights ,but now I cooled down and figure I want to be able to turn on some lights so I don't get the flashlight in the face when I get pulled over for pulling holeshots after dark.