Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GM Goodwrench 350 overheating
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

GM Goodwrench 350 overheating

Hello. I am new to these forums. Not quite sure how to use it. But I have a chevy 350 crate motor in an 87 toyota pickup that will not run cool. I just read the thread about Jeff79 having issues with his back in "09. Did he ever get it resolved?. I have tried all the same stuff. Timing,water pump new plus correct rotation, three different t-stats 160-195, new hoses, 3 1969 fj40 radiator, Two pusher electric fans, V-Belt system, New guages, Infrared temp checks along with digital thermometers, Water pump seems 1:1 ratio with crank, manually checked TDC on Crank pulley, Set timing to 10 degrees as instructed. Flushed engine. This engine will climb temperatures sitting still or driving. Does better driving it seems as long as I am going down hill, light cruise, on cool eve. Coming back, It will get start About 190 and get to 215. Then I pull into house and it climbs to 225, and I shut it down. It gets hot enough to make the fuel boil in the carbureator. Any thoughts. I am extremely frustrated. thanks