Hot Rod Forum banner

GM HEI distributor help with coil secondarys testing. makes no sense.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crownver 
#1 ·
its a gm hei distributor computer controlled type.

When I was testing the coil I got .6 resistance between the BATT and TACH terminals. but when I touch the rotor button to the ground strap or the rotor button to the TACH wire It just says "1" on the meter. I don't understand this It's the same with 3 coils, 1 is new. I reused the rotor button and the ground strap. Can those 2 pieces somehow go bad somehow? This is bugging the crap out of me.

#2 ·
0pyders said:
its a gm hei distributor computer controlled type.

When I was testing the coil I got .6 resistance between the BATT and TACH terminals. but when I touch the rotor button to the ground strap or the rotor button to the TACH wire It just says "1" on the meter. I don't understand this It's the same with 3 coils, 1 is new. I reused the rotor button and the ground strap. Can those 2 pieces somehow go bad somehow? This is bugging the crap out of me.
I dont know what .6 refers to but I'll assume its OHMS. The rotor button is made of carbon partly and thats a slight resistance. Its not truly metal to metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.