Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GM power window switches

27K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  willys36@aol.com 
#1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or schematic for GM power window switches (the square chrome ones). I got a double driver's side and single passenger's side set from a wrecked Chevy van and I am trying to adapt it to my current mixed, junk yard, Mopar system.

I know the wiring pattern on the Mopars, so I just need to know the corresponding wiring for the GMs. The dual switch has 5 wires-blue,blue w/ a white stripe,pink, brown and tan. The single switch has all of these plus a black wire.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
the pink(purple?) wire should be the main power source to the switch. It is then redistributed out the other wires through the switch, either driver's side up/down, or passenger side up/down. Depending on how you mount the switch, you can tell which wires will go to the driver's or passenger side. Just look at the bottom, see which studs go into which holes, and find the corresponding wire. If it's not visibly apparent, then jus OHM it out. I would hook up the pink wire, grab one of the others (after you've separated them into pairs for driver's/passenger) operate the switch and see if it makes the window go up or down.

Hope this helps, and hope I'm thinking of the right type of switch. I just "refurbished" mine in my '80 TA. Had to clean out 23 years of dirt/dust and sand down the contacts. Works perfect now.

#3 ·
dual window switch

hey all - i just found myself trying to do the same but im adapting a new gm style switch to my 844 944 porsche so im hardwiring it all - i have 6 pins coming off the back of the switch and already soldered wire leads to all of them however im getting weird results when i OHM it out - one side give me contact like it should then one side is different - anyways i just bought the switch new so im looking for a wring diagram - if anyone has one please post or i will when i get it figure out - thanks - r4r

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.