Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - gm residual valve
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2002, 05:24 PM
oldcarguy85 oldcarguy85 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: westchester, PA
Posts: 72
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post gm residual valve


I have a 1988 gmc jimmy that i am customizing, and right nwo there is a leak in the brake system in the (as far as i can tell) residual valve.

this is basically what my combination valve looks like u will see that the residual valve is towards teh end there. it has a breather or osm,ething in it that u can see in this drawing <a href="][/URL]
that breather or whatever is wehre it is leaking from. So really my question is, is ther some way to repair this? If not, is it possible to jsut replace that residual vavle and not have to replace the entire proportioning valve/ combination valve (or whatever)

Thanks a lot,

p.s.-sorry for the bad terminology

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: oldcarguy85 ]

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: oldcarguy85 ]</p>
Reply With Quote