Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - gm rocket block
Thread: gm rocket block
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS NE View Post
Where do you want to be for compression.

On your build I would go to a .904 lifter to reduce the pressure angle of the lifter.

With the tall deck I would have gone with the DRCE-3 oiling at no charge and gone to a 55MM cam which makes for a much better profile, You can't get a big enough base circle cam LOL.
had to save a lil money were i could, am going with the larger lifters still trying to decide between hyd roller or solid roller, my friend is running the hyd roller and i think i may go that way to make it a lil more street friendly

as much as i hate to im going to go low on the compression at around 8.2-8.5-1 since this engine will see alot more boost then i would normally run i.e around 30 psi . if e85 was more redilly available in my area i would deff go for 9.5-1 cr

typically on my street strip suff i built before i set up the engines with a min of 9.0-1 cr and a max of around 9.7-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
I dont understand why you didnt use an LS-X combo. 245 cc heads are available.NRE builds street versions that make that much power.and the alien FI is supposed to work well
the ls stuff is still pretty expsensive more so then the gen 1 stuff when u start getting into hardcore racing parts , im going to make my venture into the lsx series of engines soon though im thinkng about buying a 4.8 or 5.3 and slapping a 76 or 88 mm turbo on it in an s10 pickup