Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GM Seat Belts (1972) With Tab & Keyhole
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 AM
leejoy leejoy is offline
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: chicago area
Age: 54
Posts: 922
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
GM Seat Belts (1972) With Tab & Keyhole

I have a 72 chevy with the original type of seat belts where the shoulder belt has a steel tab on it that slips into a steel slot on the lapbelt, and both of those lock into the receiver clip that is bolted to the floor. It's a 3-piece setup.

My question is, what is that type of seat belt called? I'm going to take them out and sell them, and I want to identify it correctly. I don't know if they are called "tabs", or "buttons", or "keyhole style" or whatever.
Reply With Quote