Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GM type 2 pwr strng pump- suction fitting?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

GM type 2 pwr strng pump- suction fitting?

I am in the process of installing a hydro boost brake system in my 350 chev powered (turbocharged) 68 XKE Jag coupe (no power steering). I started with the 86 Cavalier pump (attached reservoir) but there wasn't enough room for the reservoir, so I'm going with a remote reservoir setup.
Now here's my problem-I'm trying to figure a way to connect the suction hose to the pump. the attached reservoir has an o-ringed projection that enters the pump. When I remove the reservoir, there's nothing to connect the suction line to.
Any suggestions?
Remote reservoir versions of this pump are identical to the attached reservoir versions, except that they have a suction hose connection. I've checked the internet, and cant find any info regarding any type of fitting that I might use to connect the low pressure suction line to my pump.
I may have to purchase a similar hose connection equipped pump, unless I can figure a way to connect the suction line to my pump.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS-this is my first real post, so hello all!