GM warranty means nothing. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

GM warranty means nothing.

I just bought a brand new gm 350 with 36 month/100,000 mile warranty. The motor started leaking from the rear main as soon as it was started. An obvious assembly issue. GM won't honor my warranty. They say it wasn't installed in an applicable year truck. The truck is a 1963 c-10. They say 1970 thru 1985 only. They have now said my warranty is 12 months/12,000 miles parts only. This mexico made garbage is in my garage leaking all over my floor.Jegs has offered to pay return shipping and send me another. I don't think I want another made in mexico junker. Doe's anyone have an opinion on another company like blueprint engines? It is a sad day when our president is helping out a company that does not replace faulty products, and who at our tax dollar expense builds and assembles products south of our borders. I hope GM folds like the house of cards that they are. My next new truck will be Toyota.(just kidding) Thanks for reading this post. Keep your classics alive and running its your only hope.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

As far as I can see........"Jegs has offered to pay return shipping and send me another.".....There is your warrenty.....I think they are going out of their way to keep you happy......If it's an assembly problem, chances are pretty remote that you will have the same problem.

Just my opinion.

Budget RVs
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 AM

Hey poncho62, You are right. Jegs has stepped up. They have been great about the whole mess. I use jegs always and will continue to use them. Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Be VERY grateful you found this before the warranty was no good.
I bought a 454HO and did not even attempt to start it until the warrantee was long gone.

Sucked oil like a pig
15qts oil in 2600 miles----oil dripping from tailpipes -- at the rear of the car.
GM would not even consider having a look at it.

I removed the engine and had it 'overhauled'.

(Also having issues with Ford -- in 3x for brakes in 90 day @ 25000mi on a Ranger)

My engine guy called me while attending funeral services for my dad (Ranger is now at a Lincoln dealer in Las Vegas), and told me all of the compression rings were installed up-side down>> .

I had the guy paint the engine "BRIGHT FORD BLUE" (personal stab at both GM & Ford)

Ranger was fixed right this time (shame I had to leave the state to get it fixed) & the 454 has not used a drop of oil in 3,000 miles.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

push rod, we installed one of those GM crate 350s in a pickup and we were specifically told it had a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty. Not sure where you came up with a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Last photo:

GM Warranty phew

I saved a long time for a crate 502,Took a year to convince my lady.By the time I had the bread I had the car up with a six,It was a66 Chevy hdtp.A really nice car,I saw something I wanted and used the bread for the trade.I looked into jaspers website a couple years ago.They do a good job for Nascar too.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Reminds me of my Harley, it comes with a warranty but you still have to fork over 200 bucks for an oil change.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Blazin72, Before buying I did my homework. Jegs assured me 36 month/100,000 miles. GM written warranty states light duty series 10-30. After going to dealer I was informed by GM that it is now 12 months/12,0000 miles parts only. Because it wasn't installed in an applicable model 1970 thru 1985.
If you took a 1963 c-10 to the dealer for engine replacement, thats the motor they would install. Jegs is honoring my purchase with a new engine, and picking up the tab for shipping of leaking one back to them in Ohio. I appreciate your post. I would recommend any purchases thru Jegs.
They know the meaning of customer service.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

It is too bad you got a faulty engine. We've had ours for 18 months without any issues. We haven't had any issues with it, I'd vote for sending it back. Sure it's a bit of a hassle but if Jegs is willing to replace the engine then it's worth it.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.