Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   gmc 270 intake (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/gmc-270-intake-228904.html)

shony07 01-28-2013 01:43 AM

gmc 270 intake

i have a gmc 270 and i was woundering if the intake on a chevy 235 will work on it. i am looking to upgrade to a new intake either a 4bbl or dual 1bbl carbs. any help would be great. also is the exhaust the same?

cobalt327 01-28-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shony07 (Post 1639616)
i have a gmc 270 and i was woundering if the intake on a chevy 235 will work on it. i am looking to upgrade to a new intake either a 4bbl or dual 1bbl carbs. any help would be great. also is the exhaust the same?

GMC and Chevy inline intakes/exhausts are different.

GMC is basically its own animal. Some inline Chev/GMC sites: here.

Good luck and welcome to Hotrodders.

MARTINSR 01-28-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt327 (Post 1639626)
GMC and Chevy inline intakes/exhausts are different.

GMC is basically its own animal. Some inline Chev/GMC sites: here.

Good luck and welcome to Hotrodders.

One of them there "Inliners international" Inliners International devoted to all Inline powered vehicles is a great group of guys.

Brian

MARTINSR 01-28-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shony07 (Post 1639616)

You have a very cool engine there, you will run into road blocks and it will cost you a little more but it is well worth it to have something unique. :thumbup:

Brian

cobalt327 01-28-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1639652)
One of them there "Inliners international" Inliners International devoted to all Inline powered vehicles is a great group of guys.

Brian

Agreed. I think they were formed w/the GMC in mind, but I might be mistaken about that.

shony07 01-28-2013 03:41 PM

Thanks guys I am looking forward to this build. A little about my build its a 47 Chevy 1 ton previous owners put that motor in witch I am happy about cause I keep hearing how good of a engine it is. I just had the head rebuilt and pretty soon I'm going to upgrade the intake and exhaust. Hoping to have it done by fathers day weekend for Reno rockabilly riot in Reno. Plan is to drive it down from Oregon. Whole truck is pretty good shape not much body work to do and best part is I got the whole truck for free.

shony07 01-28-2013 03:53 PM

Thanks guys I am looking forward to this build. A little about my build its a 47 Chevy 1 ton previous owners put that motor in witch I am happy about cause I keep hearing how good of a engine it is. I just had the head rebuilt and pretty soon I'm going to upgrade the intake and exhaust. Hoping to have it done by fathers day weekend for Reno rockabilly riot in Reno. Plan is to drive it down from Oregon. Whole truck is pretty good shape not much body work to do and best part is I got the whole truck for free.