Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - GMC Integrated Brake Controller
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 05:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

GMC Integrated Brake Controller

This ain't exactly a hotrodder question, but I thought someone might be able to help.
The Integrated Brake Control system on my neighbor's 2009 GMC C2500 has gone kerflooey after about a year and a half. His original dealer first made some attempt to diagnose it, but to no avail. Calling a couple of other GMC (and a Chevy Truck) dealerships seems to indicate that no one has technicians that are yet trained on this unit and all want nothing to do with it. All GM corporate will do so far is refer the guy to 'the GM dealers near him." I can't tell you the details (what instrument panel warnings come on, etc), but I assure you there is a problem in the truck...NOT the trailer (as the dealers like to hopefully claim).

My question is this whole thing about GM factory technicians NOT being trained to work on a moderately popular option. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Can you give any guidance?

Thanks