Hot Rod Forum banner

GO JO Vs. Fast Orange

43K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  matts37chev 
#1 ·
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that GO JO Orange seems to be watered down so bad that it wont take anything off. It is terrible, I use the solvent tank to clean up first and it wont evem clean off the solvent. It is pitiful I tell ya.
Fast Orange seems to be pretty decent.
Not trying to advertise here , just making mention as I think Go Jo is making money off there good name and no longer from a good product.

#5 ·
Valkyrie5.7 said:
Honestly, I just use dish soap. It cuts the grease way easier and doesn't make my hands feel like they took a trip to the beach without me.

You are using that awful pumice junk, get some smooth formula Fast Orange and you will never use dish detergent again, there simply is no comparison. I never did understand the pumice in some of those hand cleaners and no way will I ever believe it makes them clean any better, what it does do is chaff your skin and leave a grinding compound on anything you touch unless you wash it off with soap after using the hand cleaner.

As far as Go-Jo, why bother? Sure it cleans ok but then just try getting IT off your hands! :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Gloves work best, then you only need to clean your arms and that is usually easy plus they keep all the solvents and other crap off you skin.
I was never a fan of gloves until I started using good gloves. I don't do anything mechanical without them now. The can be a little hard to get used to but they work great. I like the diamond grip brand.

#9 ·
The original GO JO allways sucked in my opinion.Nothing like smearing white gloppy lard like schmegg on your hands that water wont disolve. And after it gets old it smells like ...well never mind.
The orange with pumice used to clean up pretty nice, but now It is like washing in sand with a little water in it, totally sucks butt.
The fast Orange is what I am using now, at least untill it gets a "reformulation" and then subsequently quits working as well. Then... :confused:

#12 ·
T-bucket23 said:
We used to get this green stuff, I think it was from ZEP, worked really well.
I have used the green ZEP stuff, and it does work very well. :D
I like the fast orange, but the mc parts store we use sent the orange Go Jo last time instead of the FO , we should send it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.