Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Go to machine for leather serging, overlock & hemming?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 03:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

First off let me say thanks for replying. I have read your information on a myriad of different forums and understand you are an authority on this subject.

I have no problem buying and selling a machine if I don't need it. What I do need is a serious recommendation for a good machine for the other 2 functions that will work with leather.

These machines are for prototyping. I already have extensive outsourcing contacts that I can use for full scale production. I already run a medium scale auto parts business and want to do some prototyping here in the states.

I'm just having trouble finding reliable information on which machines to buy, not if I should buy a machine. I appreciate the insight on that front, but I'm looking for versatility in thread design for leather applications.

There are plenty of machine recommendations for normal garments, but I don't want to destroy needles and eventually whichever machine I buy by using upholstery and leather it was never intended for.