Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - For God's sake it is FIT, FIT, not "Fitment" when you are talking about panel fit.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Here's part of a page from Google I copied.

Webster's Dictionary
Sentence Examples
Mentioned In
o collegebath
o collegecaliper
o collegecatalytic converter
o collegepiscina
o collegesloppy
o collegetrunnion

fitment - use in sentences

Preposition: of

* system: For many sporty cars, certificates showing the fitment of such systems are a condition of insurance.

Converse of object

* shower: White corner style bath, with antique style tap and shower fitment over the bath.

* allow: Also included are fixing points to allow simple fitment of PCBs for addressable systems.

* enable: Alan Whenman makes some final alterations to the ashpan to enable correct fitment to the bottom of the firebox.

* require: The previous government had decided not to require the fitment of ATP on the privatized rail network.

* include: Mods include the fitment of a quality kit and full flip paint job.

* have: The awning has all fitments built-in to allow for quick easy erection against the right hand side of transporter.

Adjective modifier

* universal: Reducing vehicle speeds Work is required to develop harmonized standards for Intelligent Speed Adaptation systems with the aim of eventual universal fitment.

* original: With the exception of the cubicle cisterns all are original fitments dating from 1899.

* standard: Plus the standard fitment of stylish 14 " Sao Paulo alloy wheels & the choice of Metallic or Pearl Effect paint.

* light: Exposed feature timber roof trusses and beams. black wrought iron style ceiling light fitment.

* other: It was modified to remove the other un-cool fitment, namely the pedals.

* mandatory: Foden Vehicle manufacturer Will offer choice of analog or VDO digital until mandatory fitment required.

Modifies a noun

* program: We are now reaching a point in the TPWS fitment program where significant safety benefits are being obtained.

Noun used with modifier

* bathroom: Only where a planned maintenance program of work is more than 18 months away will the Responsive Repairs team consider renewing a bathroom fitment.

* tire: There also is an online tire fitments and pressure calculator.

* engine: Prior to engine fitment the engine bay was cleaned to bare metal and undersealed.

There's more. Go to google and use the advanced search. I don't know what's right or wrong, today was the first time I heard of the word. I've never used it.