Hot Rod Forum banner

Going to AN type Fittings

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ericnova72 
#1 ·
I am replacing all my brake lines with AN style lines, I need to know if anyone makes adapter fittings for the master cylinder and proportioning valve and for the wheel cylinders to go to these type of fittings. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

T.I.A.
Mark Birdsell

#4 ·
I looks like you have some good responses to your question, but I thought I would just add my two cents. While the AN fittings are fine and I have used them plenty for brakes, I don't think I would adapt from inverted flare to AN unless you are just going for looks. To do that just adds another fitting and potential leak point to your braking system. Adapting from pipe to AN is common, but personally I would just use the steel inverted flare fittings in the master and wheel cylinders and factory style proportioning valves just to reduce the number of connection points in the system.

Just something to consider...

Andy

#5 ·
aosborn said:
I looks like you have some good responses to your question, but I thought I would just add my two cents. While the AN fittings are fine and I have used them plenty for brakes, I don't think I would adapt from inverted flare to AN unless you are just going for looks. To do that just adds another fitting and potential leak point to your braking system. Adapting from pipe to AN is common, but personally I would just use the steel inverted flare fittings in the master and wheel cylinders and factory style proportioning valves just to reduce the number of connection points in the system.

Just something to consider...

Andy
I'll agree here, I'd only use the AN at stainless braided line connection points like caliper to frame and body to axle housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.