Hot Rod Forum banner

Is this a good 383 Stroker kit?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cdminter59 
#1 ·
White Performance Detail Description

I'm looking to make a car I can drive everyday but still be a weekend warrior. I'm trying to make a compression ratio of about 9:1 so i can run pump gas. This pacage seems os cheap for what youre actually getting. It just seems to good to be true if someone could help me make a dicision it would be greatly appreciated. Also can someone help me with heads? I'm looking for aluminum heads that wont break the bank. This Skip White guy also has the some heads that are cheap. I'm looking to spend a 1000 or less on heads (Probably less than 1000) Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!
-Chase

#2 ·
Ordering a stroker kit is a crap shoot, who is putting it together? These skip kits look great and are at a good price, forged probe slugs should be tough enough. If you want to assemble the block yourself then the block machine work will make the difference. A bob weight balance on the rotating assembly will be the best route, if you are going there then just order a balanced short block assembled from them, I think his brother is running a machine shop next door. Or get freindly with a local machine shop

You can do 9.5 cr on regular with aluminum heads, the right tune, tranny/conv and gears no need for -24cc pistons

Heads are where your money turns into power, I cant speak for those heads they sell but completely assembled GOOD aluminum heads for under 1K are just like UFO's, once and awhile you spot one and then your are told it was all mistaken identity after the crash landing.

#4 ·
I don't have any experience with Skip White's products. What I have read is the kit consist of a Scat 9000 crank. The H-Beam rods are imported ProComp rods. The probe pistons are good pistons but I don't like the -24cc reversed dome. You can check CNC Motorsports for a rotating assembly. They have Scat and Eagle rotating assemblies that are in the same price range. The pistons you need for 64cc heads will be a 19cc Dish D-cup piston. They have a machine shop that will internal or external balance the rotating assembly. Give them a call and compare the price. If you want a brand of pistons such as SRP or Keith Black just ask. The Dart SHP 64cc heads with 200cc intake runners would be a good fit for a stroker motor. Dart SHP Special High Performance Cylinder Heads 127322 - SummitRacing.com. Less than your budget too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.