Is this a good 383 Stroker kit? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Is this a good 383 Stroker kit?

White Performance Detail Description

I'm looking to make a car I can drive everyday but still be a weekend warrior. I'm trying to make a compression ratio of about 9:1 so i can run pump gas. This pacage seems os cheap for what youre actually getting. It just seems to good to be true if someone could help me make a dicision it would be greatly appreciated. Also can someone help me with heads? I'm looking for aluminum heads that wont break the bank. This Skip White guy also has the some heads that are cheap. I'm looking to spend a 1000 or less on heads (Probably less than 1000) Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!
-Chase

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Ordering a stroker kit is a crap shoot, who is putting it together? These skip kits look great and are at a good price, forged probe slugs should be tough enough. If you want to assemble the block yourself then the block machine work will make the difference. A bob weight balance on the rotating assembly will be the best route, if you are going there then just order a balanced short block assembled from them, I think his brother is running a machine shop next door. Or get freindly with a local machine shop

You can do 9.5 cr on regular with aluminum heads, the right tune, tranny/conv and gears no need for -24cc pistons

Heads are where your money turns into power, I cant speak for those heads they sell but completely assembled GOOD aluminum heads for under 1K are just like UFO's, once and awhile you spot one and then your are told it was all mistaken identity after the crash landing.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

FWIW, the folks are real good to deal with at that place
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM

Last photo:

Is this a good 383 Stroker kit?

I don't have any experience with Skip White's products. What I have read is the kit consist of a Scat 9000 crank. The H-Beam rods are imported ProComp rods. The probe pistons are good pistons but I don't like the -24cc reversed dome. You can check CNC Motorsports for a rotating assembly. They have Scat and Eagle rotating assemblies that are in the same price range. The pistons you need for 64cc heads will be a 19cc Dish D-cup piston. They have a machine shop that will internal or external balance the rotating assembly. Give them a call and compare the price. If you want a brand of pistons such as SRP or Keith Black just ask. The Dart SHP 64cc heads with 200cc intake runners would be a good fit for a stroker motor. Dart SHP Special High Performance Cylinder Heads 127322 - SummitRacing.com. Less than your budget too.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.