Hot Rod Forum banner

good battery no power

942 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EOD Guy 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just have hopefully simple problem i need some help with. After finishing replacing the transmission gasket and modulator and blocking off the egr i got everything put back together. So i go to start my truck (74 c10) and it turns over starts and dies allin short order. Then no power at all. No lights, fans or anything. Now this happened once before and it was a wire going to the starter that broke at the fuseable link. this time i cant find any broken wires. Fuses all look ok. Battery is fully charged. Not too sure where to go from here. Any suggestion or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#6 ·
Saturday when i was check for power there wasnt any at the altenator but i wasnt sure if there should be or not with the truck off. I checked again sunday when everything was working and it did have power. Does the red wire go from the altenator straight to the fuse box?

#8 · (Edited)
Depending on how it's wired..... the red wire from the alt will go straight to the battery, with or with out a fusible link, or the starter lug, then to the battery........ There maybe splices shooting off to other places but one should be a direct path to the pos post on the battery. One or more of the splices will lead to the fuse block.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.