Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Good Drag Cars?
Thread: Good Drag Cars?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Time traveler stuck here...

Wiki Edits: 0

Lol I do remember the nic commander Cody ... Guys at work gave it to me years, decades ago.. Seemed spaceman fit too well with me to..

We had a job overseas and had some automated welding machines and heads on some really tight technical accessible areas.. In other words, if one went bad, a lot of pipes had to be cut and redone.. one chance only...timed programs for degree location.. We had laborers walking by and one of them stepped on a pendent while I started on a weld,, The only way to do this was with mirrors reflecting the arc from about two feet away.. Less than two inches of play between tubes , so seeing was really difficult.. The pendant that the laborer stepped on started the sequence, so I became committed to two welds simultaneously.. Clearances and access became doubly difficult all at once..

I grabbed both pendants , held one up, mirrored the status, did the same again...back and forth for about three minutes, sweat now pouring off my head as if I was a politician on the witness stand..(ok bad analogy).. Completed the welding, everyone on site was just like speechless...
Checked it out, did the NDE to clear.. all was good.. They went that was cool.. You are the commander.. And that's how I got the nic..

Company went on from barely making it to a decent sized corp before being bought out by the big boys..but I was always be the CommanderKewl.

I did always think the bullet helmet was kewl..