Good driving roads in south florida - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Good driving roads in south florida

Anyone know of any roads in south florida that arent flat, straight, and boring? I've been trying to find a nice twisty road with elevation changes, curves, all that fun stuff but i haven't had any luck so far. Im in the palm beach county area if that helps. A1A used to be fun til they bumped up the number of cops down there. That would have been nice to know ahead of time Got a nice size ticket . So anyone know any good roads?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
boatbob2

twisty roads....

Sorry Guy,South Florida is way too flat,you need to come up to GODS COUNTRY,North Florida,plenty of small hills and some twisty roads.NW of Ocala..
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
PATH=$PATH\:/usr/local/bin ; e

coconut grove you'll find some there.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unix
coconut grove you'll find some there.
Looked it up on google maps. Looks like a neighborhood? I'm not looking to kill anyone now
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Dude, you need to go to north georgia or northwest South Carolina, or north carolina, ya know. Florida is waaaaayy Flat,even the horse farm area near Ocala is not what your looking for.
Some of the mountain top roads in tennessee and north carolina are what you want.
look at the map for the north carolina and tennessee border. See Hiway 25 where it goes from tennessee to north carolina, now that is gods country right there.
Or you could come up the appalaichins a little farther to where I live , its just as pretty.
Both of these photos are of my back yard. Tell me That aint nice.
The Only thing with more curves than the roads around here is My woman. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	62761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006_1.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	62762  
Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

You dont know how bad i want to leave florida. Talk about boring. When i visit family up in upstate new york i have a freaking blast on those roads. Maybe this summer i'll try and go north some. It will be a nice change. I'm still hoping to find at least one curvy road near me. Just to have some fun once in a while.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

The roads here are mostly flat as my area is called "the plains"
However there are some roads up near the lake that are nothing but hills and curves, some short and sharp, some long and sharp. My brother still talks about when he got his 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 way back in '83.
That's where he would take it to go what he called "Hard Riding"
Years ago around 2005 I had just made a major change to my '86 Cutlass supreme. I had installed new F41 front coil springs under it, new ball joints, and 2 inch drop spindles. On the rear I added 2 inch drop coil springs. Then I added new KYB Shocks all the way around. Then lastly I installed new wheels and BFG Rubber. So when it was finished, I was ready to go hit some curvy roads to see how it would perform so I knew exactly where to go.
It carved out curves like a corvette, I was plenty happy, but the best part of all was, it still rode like a dream. It was hands down the best riding car I ever rode in. I don't know what I did to achieve that feat, lowered curve carver that still rode good. I doubt if I'll ever be able to pull that off again.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
PATH=$PATH\:/usr/local/bin ; e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373
You dont know how bad i want to leave florida. Talk about boring. When i visit family up in upstate new york i have a freaking blast on those roads. Maybe this summer i'll try and go north some. It will be a nice change. I'm still hoping to find at least one curvy road near me. Just to have some fun once in a while.
Did that in 1987, every time I make the Turkey run I am quickly reminded why I left, fact I am pretty well done with that. Living in Ga now the speeds are faster and the roads twist.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 AM

The chances that your car will break down are pretty high.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertmcoles
The chances that your car will break down are pretty high.
Why do you say that?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Bump. Does anyone have any idea why this guy is saying my car is going to break down?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373
Bump. Does anyone have any idea why this guy is saying my car is going to break down?
Usually its an idiot who has nothing better to do than dis someone else's ride. Generally its because they don't have a rid of their own and they're jealous. Pretty common with idiotic posts like that.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"One of the problems with stupid people is they very rarely realize just how stupid they really are." - Anonymous
Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Usually its an idiot who has nothing better to do than dis someone else's ride. Generally its because they don't have a rid of their own and they're jealous. Pretty common with idiotic posts like that.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"One of the problems with stupid people is they very rarely realize just how stupid they really are." - Anonymous
Yea that's what I figured.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Last photo:

Roads

Dog I just watched a show the other night on the 10 most dangerous roads in the world. One was in TN and I think they called it the Devils Tail, Lots of people killed on it. It used to be not too bad until the big trunks started using it. No room for them to go around the sharp corners, so they take up the whole road. Guys in guys try to go fast on it and they come to these blind corners and here is a truck taking up both sides of the road.

Now if you want a really neat road in FL. take Hwy 41 west, also known as the Tamiami Trail. You will come to a road 94, I think it is a state road, it loops off 41 then comes back to it at Monroe Station, It is a great drive not so much for speed or curves, just kind of creepy the first time you go on it. The Gators are big, and fast and they are wild, the road has a canopy of trees over it. People live along it but they are swamp people, water on both sides, birds, Otters, and lots of Gators, it's a Cypress swamp with giant trees.
My wife and I take that road every time we are in the area. See something new every time.

Going fast all the time, you miss a lot in life, sometimes you have to slow down and smell the roses.

I tried to find the number of the road in TN. but couldn't, it is close to the TN/NC border in the hills.

I have taken a road from Ky. starting in Bowling Green, down into Tn. then into Ga. I thought my arms were going to fall off, I was driving my F-250 4dr p/u. It would have been great in my Mustang Conv. or a Street Rod, but it wasn't for the truck.

Bob
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

I was reading about the devils tail. Saw someone mention it in a bmw forum i think, and there was a map of it. That road looks intense! One day....

Tamiami isn't too far from me though. Maybe il try to make it a saturday thing. I'll look it up right now.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.