Hot Rod Forum banner

Good Electrician in Huntington Beach CA

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chrome_ashes 
#1 ·
I have decided to get my whole car rewired. But I do not have the time to figure it all out. Do any of you guys out there know of a good and affordable auto electrician around the Huntington Beach or Orange County area? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Fireschenie

#3 ·
Some of my wiring is all messed up. My tail lights and brake lights won't work. My turn signals don't work. My dash panel lights are very very dim. When I have the lights on my left blinker stays on. It doesn't blink it is just a constant on. And my gas gauge goes all the way to empty when the lights are on. Any insight would be awesome. I have thought about doing it myself by getting an EZ Wiring 12 Circuit Kit. But I don't know too much about electrical. Do you think I could do it? I also don't want to spend much money. I am a college kid on a shoe string budget. My car is a 1965 Chevelle if that is any help. Thanks, Fireschenie

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: fireschenie ]</p>

#4 ·
do some simple checks. sounds to me like you have a poor body ground.take a volt meter and connect one lead on bat+ and the other on the body of the car and you should read 12 volts.then turn your lights on and check again.if you dont read at least 12 volts theres a ground problem.check all the ground straps.bat- to body and engine to firewall.

#5 ·
You might also want to check out Painless Wiring
<a href="http://www.painlesswiring.com" target="_blank">Painless</a>

I've talked to several guys who have used their kits and everyone had good things to say. I've never done a full wiring harness before though, so I can't really say that I know how hard this will be. Most of the guys I've talked to have said that it was fairly straightforward using one of the kits...just time-consuming.

Here's a thought...try poking around a bit and see if you can find a loose ground wire. That's the easiest (and cheapest) fix. Loose grounds tend to cause funny problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.